Terrill Antique Car Museum Car Show
We cordially invite you to participate in The Terrill Antique Car Museum’s Classic Car Show!
De Leon, Texas was established on July 7, 1881 and named as such because of its close location to the Leon River. De Leon, population 2,400 is known as “The Busiest Town, Friendliest People.” Since 1914 De Leon, Texas has been hosting a festival to celebrate the town heritage and its history with Peaches & Watermelons.
In addition to the Peach & Melon Festival, held August 7-11, the De Leon Chamber of Commerce hosts its Golden Saturday events.
This year’s Golden Saturday will be held on August 11, 2012 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Basically, we close off the downtown area and throw an old-fashion festival of fun.
Golden Saturday kicks off with:
- Watermelon Crawl 5K Run or Walk at 7:30 a.m.
- 42 Tournament at 8:00 a.m.
- Golden Saturday Opening Ceremony/Invocation at 9:00 a.m.
- Terrill Antique Car Museum Car Show opening at 9:00 a.m.
- Vendors, Crafters, Exhibitors, Food and Entertainment Downtown Opening at 9:00 a.m.
- Music on the Stage Throughout the Day
- Kids Crafts, Demonstrations & Variety Entertainment Under The Tent Throughout the Day
- Working Demonstrations and Entertainment Scattered Throughout The Streets
- Stroll The Shops on Main Street Throughout the Day
- Peach, Watermelon, Peanut & Pecan Charity Dessert Auction at 11:00 a.m.
- Spaghetti Lunch at the Senior Citizens Building at 12:00 noon
- Seed Spitting on Main Street at 1:00 p.m.
- Free Watermelon Slicing On Main Street 3:00 p.m.
Continued at the Peach & Melon Festival at City Park:
- Tractor Pull at 7:00 p.m.
- Dance at 9:00 p.m.
- Presentation of Miss De Leon at 10:30 p.m.
Where is De Leon?
De Leon is located directly in the center of Texas, in Comanche County. It is:
- 92 miles west of Fort Worth
- 85 miles east of Abilene
- 103 miles west of Waco
- 25 miles west of Stephenville
- 40 miles northeast of Brownwood
How to navigate town?
If you are coming in on Hwy 16 from Comanche, the road will be blocked at Sipe Springs highway 587. Turn left on 587, continue one block to Austin and turn right, continue to Gonzales, turn right and head towards the road block. Someone will allow you through the roadblock to enter the street for the car show. Signs will be posted.
If you are coming in Hwy 6, turn at the red light onto Texas Street/Hwy 16. Continue on Texas Street/Hwy 16 to the roadblock. Someone will allow you through the roadblock to enter the street and to the car show. Signs will be posted.
Where can I stay?
De Leon has one motel, the De Leon Inn, 408 W. Navarro, 254-893-2037
The City Park has campsites with hookups available. Contact De Leon City Hall at 254-893-2065
Proctor Lake also has campsites. Visit their website
Or check out these websites:
Where can I eat?
Blue Moon Café located at 100 N Texas in Downtown De Leon
Hwy 6 Café located at 432 W Navarro Avenue in De Leon
Dairy Queen located at 508 N Texas in De Leon
Subway located at 100 E Navarro Avenue in De Leon
Cook’s Fish Barn located at 3669 Hwy 36, Comanche TX 76442
Planning to make the event into a mini trip?
You can contact Teresa at the Chamber of Commerce Office and give her an idea of which area you’d like to explore, and she’ll gladly send you back tips and suggestions of places you might like to visit, stay, shop, eat or explore. .
Need Antique Car Parts?
Visit Terrill Machine!
Would you like to showcase your classic car at the car show?
Click here to get the application form.